Well, another month has come to a close, and it's time for another edition of inspirations.
- Football Season!
- Fall Temperatures!
- Still enjoying the Vanessa Michael Munroe series of audio books. After having to wait for a few other people to finish the fourth book in the series, I was finally able to check it back out from the library again and finish it. I had only gotten half way through the first time I borrowed it, so waiting was a little bit of a struggle! Now, I'm just waiting for 11 more people to finish listening to the fifth book so I can dive into it!
- Two Words. COLLEGE. FOOTBALL.
- There aren't words to describe how much I enjoy watching college football. Particularly Auburn and LSU. Pretty much my entire family went to Auburn, starting with my grandfather, who went there when it was called Alabama Polytechnic School. So we have generations of Auburn running in our veins. My husband, on the other hand, grew up in Tiger Country... LSU Tiger Country. He's an LSU Alum, and we have enjoyed several years of attending Auburn versus LSU games. Unfortunately the years we attend seem to always go in LSU's favor... but nonetheless, there isn't much that can compare to the energy and atmosphere of a Saturday in the South tailgating and cheering for your team.
- Longmire. So this got cancelled from cable, and Netflix picked it up. We had watched it up until it was cancelled and can't wait to see what Netflix has in store for it!
- Side note. The channel that cancelled it did so because it's viewership was "too old". Basically it wasn't hitting the highly coveted 18-34 year old demographic. This is a highly sought after group because people in that age range are thought to have less brand loyalty and more disposable income than other groups. Interestingly enough, I heard a podcast talking about how the demographic that was watching the show- those in the 50+ age group, are actually the ones who are more likely to have free time and disposable income. (All the 20-somethings living with their parents say woooo!) Might not have been a great move by that channel...
- The Late Show with Steven Colbert. I always loved watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, and fun fact, I attended the Rally to Restore Sanity (and or Fear), in Washington D.C., and the most important thing I have to say about it is, "Jon Stewart for President". It was also a lot of fun and there were a lot of really cool people in attendance.
- Dancing With the Stars. I don't watch it intensely, but it's nice background while editing photos. Anyone else watching? I'm cheering for Bindi Irwin (Steve Irwin Crocodile Hunter's daughter) and Alek Skarlatos (one of the guys who stopped the terrorist on the train in France recently). Their dances were awesome! (See Bindi's here, and Alek's here. Annnnd okay, I'll definitely admit Nick Carter has moves...)
- I finally finished Dexter. As far as the ending goes, I suppose it was as happy an ending as you can expect for a serial killer, but I always hope for the fairy tale ending anyway. I'd say it was "just meh".
- The VOICE is back and I am LOVING the twins. They were awesome! Can't wait for more episodes!
- A giant tub of cheese balls. I can't even tell you how many years it's been since I ate a cheese ball. EVERY time we go to Sam's my daughter asks if we can buy them. She has never had one, but apparently bright, unnatural orange looks appetizing. (And, let's be real... they are kinda delicious.) We tailgated with some friends two Saturday's ago and I figured that was as good a time as any to buy them. Between 4 adults and 3 kids we barely put a dent in them... I imagine a large portion of them will make it to the trash.
What's been inspiring you lately?