There are thousands of posts out there about things you should ask your photographer, and a few that even highlight things that photographers want you to know.
While I can't speak for other photographers, I can speak for myself. Here are some things THIS photographer wants you to know.
- I love weddings. I believe that everyone deserves to have beautiful photographs of their wedding day that capture the emotions and excitement of such a special time.
- I believe that everyone has a story to tell and that it should be preserved for their own enjoyment, and for future generations. This applies to weddings, but also to families. Your family should have beautifully documented moments together during all phases of life. (You can read more about why I became a photographer here.)
- I am not perfect. I certainly strive for perfection in all aspects of my life, but unfortunately, I am still just a human and sometimes I make mistakes. I will do my absolute best to make sure that every single moment of your wedding is documented, but just like any other photographer will tell you, sometimes we might miss something. This is why I spend as much time as possible working with you to get to know you as a couple and what your wants and wishes are so that we can build a comprehensive list of photos you want on your wedding day. A list helps to ensure we capture all of the most important things.
- I, as much as anyone, am aware of the trust you are putting in me as your wedding photographer. It is a once-in-a-lifetime event and you are putting your complete faith and trust in me to do what I have said I would do. Show up and serve you to the absolute best of my ability. To deliver beautiful photos to accompany your memories for the rest of your lifetime and beyond. This is not something I take lightly. (Feel free to ask my husband how much I obsess over meeting my clients expectations. He might tell you that I sometimes make him crazy over it...)
- My goal for all of my clients is 100% satisfaction. If something has not lived up to your expectations, I want you to let me know. I want to work with you to make sure you are happy with the experience and products you receive from me.